Shona Rowan commits itself to protecting and respecting your privacy when visiting our websites or completing our courses.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Any information that you provide by filling in forms on our sites and courses. This includes provided information at the time of registering to use our site, posting material, requesting further services or subscribing to any service offered by us on the site. We might also request further information and if you should report a problem with our site.
- We may keep a record of any correspondence if you should contact or engage with us.
- Details of transactions you may carry out through our site and of the completion of your orders.
- Details of the resources you access and of your visits to our sites
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer; this is statistical data concerning your browsing actions and does not identify you individually. This information includes your IP address where available, location, operating system and browser type for system administration.
We may also collect information about how you use the site using cookie files stored on the hard drive of all computers. Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. In collecting this information, we are able to improve our site and deliver a better and more personalised service.
You can refuse to accept cookies but note that in doing this, you may be unable to access certain parts of our site. You can do this by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting.
If you sign up to receive emails from us, we want to ensure that you only receive communications that are relevant and useful to you. We do this by tracking open rates and click throughs to our website on each campaign we send out. You can unsubscribe from our emails at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Any data that we collect from you will be securely stored by Shona Rowan and will be used only for the intended purposes.
We will do our best to protect your personal data, unfortunately, the transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to our sites. Any transmission of data is at your own risk.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use the information held about you in the following ways:
- To notify you of any changes to our service.
- To ensure that the content of our sites and courses are presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
- Where you have consented to be contacted, to provide you with the information, products and services requested from us or in the event that we feel will be of interest to you.
- Where you have signed up on our websites, to send you regular emails with updates, tips and special offers.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our services and courses, should you choose to do so.
- In allowing ourselves to carry out our obligations concerning any contracts entered into between you and us.
We may also use your data to inform you and provide information on goods and services that may be of interest to you.
If you do not want your data used in this way then please let us know.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
In accordance with the Act you can exercise the right to access any information we hold about you. Any request may be subject to a fee in order to meet our costs in providing any details of the information we may hold about you.